We’re about to head out on a two week road-trip/vacation–the longest vacation we’ve done as a family since I started Altius in 2010. Here’s our planned route map:
We’re talking about 3500 miles, not counting any driving around at our destinations and visiting 9 states1. We’ll be visiting Yellowstone, Tiff’s family in Oregon, the Redwoods, Silicon Valley, and my family in Utah.
Overview of our schedule:
- Day 1: Leave Lafayette and drive up to Dubois, WY.
- Days 2-3: Camp in Yellowstone.
- Day 4: Break camp, catch church near Yellowstone, then head toward Eugene (via Montana and Spokane, WA).
- Day 5: Arrive in Eugene, OR at Tiff’s dad’s place.
- Days 6-9: Have fun near Eugene, including probably a trip out to the Oregon Coast.
- Day 10: Drive down to the Redwoods in California, then from there down to San Francisco.
- Day 11: Spend time in San Francisco with a friend’s family.
- Day 12: Taking a one-day break from my vacation to visit some various groups in Silicon Valley for Altius, and then hanging out with the Traugotts2 in Livermore.
- Day 13: Drive to my sister’s place in Eagle Mountain, Utah.
- Day 14: Visit my family in Utah, including my parents, several of my siblings, my grandmother who is turning 95 later this month3, and a physicist friend of mine.
- Day 15: Drive home to Colorado.
- Day 16: Hopefully be alive enough to go back in to the office…
It should be epic. And hopefully fun. But definitely epic. I’ll post pictures as I get to places with internet access.
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- NASA’s Selection of the Blue Moon Lander for Artemis V - May 25, 2023
- Fill ‘er Up: New AIAA Aerospace America Article on Propellant Depots - September 2, 2022
- Independent Perspectives on Cislunar Depotization - August 26, 2022
- The drive through Montana will mean I will have now made it to each of the western continental United States at least once.
- Steve Traugott helped incubate Masten when we first started in the Bay Area. He also helped us at Altius when we were prepping for our Sticky Boom demo flight back in 2011 by letting us use his shop for a few days, and staying up till all crazy hours of the morning the night before the flight.
- She’s the one who I stayed with during my freshman year at BYU and my first year back at grad-school, and the one who did a lot of great poetry, including this clever one about logicians.