I just realized the other day, that we’re rapidly approach the 10 year anniversary of my first post on Selenian Boondocks. The big day will be on June 16th, 2015. In celebration of that milestone, I’m going to try to do a blog post a day for the next month. Some of those posts may be short, and may be links to blog posts I do on the ASM blog or Taong Boondocks, and if I get desparate, I might even do a few reposts or updates of some of the more popular articles from the past. But I want to try and do something every day over the next month.
In case you’re interested, the next month or so has a few other interesting milestones:
- Tomorrow (May 16th) marks my one year mark on DuoLingo studying Spanish. I’ve had to use the streak saver a handful of times (~4 or 5), but my streak is currently at 364 days. I’m still a beginner, but can at least read signs in Spanish reasonably well.
- June 4th is the one year birthday of our youngest son, Andrew Perigrin (“Pippin” or “Pip”) Goff. He’s a lot of fun. Probably our happiest baby so far.
- July 2nd is the 5 year anniversary of incorporating my space robotics and technology startup, Altius Space Machines. We’ve been primarily bootstrapping since then off of a mix of government and commercial contracts, and sometime in the next month we should cross the $2M cumulative revenue mark for the company. That’s slower than I would’ve liked it, but we’re starting to gain some momentum, and finally in a new office in Broomfield, CO. BTW, this is the main reason why I don’t blog as often these days as I used to. That and four little boys and being recently called as an Assistant Scoutmaster.
- July 6th is the 5 year anniversary of leaving my former startup, Masten Space Systems, to start Altius full-time. I’m really glad Dave roped me into helping him start Masten. It’s been great seeing how much they’ve accomplished since I left. I can’t repeat enough how proud I am of where they’ve taken things over the past five years. They’re cashflow positive off of flying EDL flights for NASA and commercial companies under the Flight Opportunities program. Last I heard they’re over 20 employees, they’re running the “black horse” team for the DARPA XS-1 program, and they’re about to start free-flying two new vehicles. Not to mention they have a vertical take off and landing rocket vehicle with >220 flights under its belt that I got to help build. 🙂
- August 8th is the big 35 for me, and the 13th anniversary of getting back from my mission in the Philippines.
- August 23rd is Tiff’s and mine 12th wedding anniversary.
Lots of milestones. Now let me see if I can actually keep up with the blog a day promise…
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- On Avoiding Some of the Mistakes of Apollo - July 21, 2019
- SBIR Proposaling Advice - March 8, 2019
- FISO Telecon Lecture on LEO Propellant Depots for Interplanetary Smallsat Launch - November 28, 2018