I was just looking at the sitemeter for the blog, and realized we had just passed the 500,000 views point sometime last month. I also realized that the 8th anniversary of starting Selenian Boondocks passed on the 16th of last month. While 500k views may be what some cooler blogs get in a slow week, I’m pretty excited that a relatively niche blog that’s primarily focused on space technology, policy, and business has had that kind of exposure over the past 8 years.
Here are a few other interesting statistics or recent/near-term milestones:
- Saturday marks my three year mark of leaving Masten to start Altius Space Machines (partially explaining the drop-off in blogging frequency/quality).
- We’ve had 851 blog posts published (852 counting this one, with #853 on its way later tonight) over that timeframe–approximately one every three days.
- We’ve had ~8,406 approved comments over that time–approximately 3 per day.
This blog has been an awesome experience for me so far. It’s helped me meet many important people in industry, helped me occasionally nudge the conversation in positive directions over the edges, helped provide a sounding board for crazy ideas, and has served as a fun outlet for many of my ideas that I’m not in a position to run with personally.
While things have definitely settled into more of a marathon pace over the past three years with me now actively running a bootstrapping aerospace startup, I hope that I can continue to provide occasional blog posts that remind you all of why you enjoy coming to Selenian Boondocks.
Thank you readers for the support, the feedback, the patience, the occasional impatience, and all of the constructive comments. I’d also like to thank Ken Murphy, John Hare, and Kirk Sorensen for their coblogging over the years, providing both variety and picking up the slack when life’s gotten too cray for me. I’d also like to thank my wife Tiffany, if she happens to see this, for putting up with many late nights where I’m hammering away at the keyboard because “duty called“…
Here’s to another great and nerdy year in the blogosphere.
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- An Updated Propellant Depot Taxonomy Part IV: Smallsat Launcher Refueling Depots - November 14, 2020
- Blog Links Updated - November 2, 2020
- Blog Migration Completed - October 26, 2020