Ok, between the trip to DC for the awards ceremony on Thursday, and taking all of next week off for a long-needed vacation, I’m not quite out of the woods yet. But after that I want to get back into blogging. And I have a few topics I’d like to write about, but wanted to get reader input on which sounds most interesting (yes at some point I may actually use that Skribit tool I put up over a year ago):
- Parallel Ascent Air-Launch Glide-forward TSTO with Exo-Atmospheric Refueling.Â A crazy idea I’ve been stewing on involving the intersection between air-launched TSTOs, propellant transfer, FLOC, and Boom Rendezvous, and my attempt at making it seem a little less crazy than it sounds.Â If it can be made to work, it might allow for fully reusable manned orbital launch off of carrier planes as small as WK2.
- Boom Rendezvous.Â An introduction to a clever rendezvous and docking technique that I think deserves more investigation.
- Dual Fluid Propellant Depots.Â A little more in-depth discussion of my favorite depot concept from my prop depot paper.
- Refuelable Un-Crasher Stages for Early Lunar Lander Reuse. A discussion of a lunar lander architecture I came up with that leverages propellant depots to enable early reuse of a significant part of the lunar lander system, while still allowing impressive (ie >>ESAS) landing capabilities.
- The Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Lunar Transportation Schemes.Â A discussion of several of the non-rocket methods for getting payloads off of (and in some cases back onto) the Moon.Â Including pro’s, con’s, and technology hurdles.
Not too much yet on the why’s, but I’ve been keeping these how’s bottled up for too long.Â Which of these sounds most interesting to you guys?Â In the comments, pick your favorite one or two, and say why.
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- NASA’s Selection of the Blue Moon Lander for Artemis V - May 25, 2023
- Fill ‘er Up: New AIAA Aerospace America Article on Propellant Depots - September 2, 2022
- Independent Perspectives on Cislunar Depotization - August 26, 2022