It’s been a while since I posted anything, and I figured it was time to give an update. After the defense on the 3rd, I spent most of the next week pretty much rewriting my whole paper, and redoing one of the key experiments. Although it was a lot more rework than I expected, it was definitely worth it–the thesis is a lot more solid, and a lot more concise. I think I cut the main body of the thesis down to about 80 pages, with about 40 pages of appendices. I made the prints on the nice paper, and now have all but one signature needed. Unfortunately, the last committee member is out of town until Monday (and has been out of town almost the whole time since my thesis defense), so I’m pretty much stuck waiting around until he gets back. The annoying thing is that he may very well have some feedback he wants me to incorporate, so I might be stuck around here even longer. It’s kind of amusing how one-week trips to Utah tend to turn into month long trips when it’s my family.
Unfortunately this delay means two things. First, I’m not going to be walking at graduation. After missing almost a full month of work, I really can’t afford another big road trip in only a few weeks. Second, this also means I won’t be able to make it to the Small Sat Conference that week either. With how much we need to get done at work between now and October, I can’t really justify taking any more time off until after the X-Prize Cup. But once that’s all over, I’ll try and find a conference I can go to for all those who chipped in money so I could go to ISDC. I haven’t forgotten you all, just have had to change plans several times.
Anyhow, hopefully on Monday I’ll be able to post the last words of this whole thesis saga. Until then, the continuing story continues…
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- An Updated Propellant Depot Taxonomy Part IV: Smallsat Launcher Refueling Depots - November 14, 2020
- Blog Links Updated - November 2, 2020
- Blog Migration Completed - October 26, 2020