1. You’re doing your laundry and find a AN cap in the washer when you take the clothes out.
2. You then think “that’s an AN929-2J…what’s that doing there?”
3. You then think “wouldn’t it be funny to write a blog entry about how ‘You Might Be a Rocket Nerd’ for finding an AN929-2J in your laundry?”
4. When you go to blog about it you start wondering if the part number really is an AN929, thinking “there’s no way I remembered that correctly–I’m not that much of a nerd”, so instead of just calling it an AN cap, you go and look it up on Aircraft Spruce.
5. When you find it on Aircraft Spruce, you realize that, yes, you did have the part number for some random piece of AN plumbing memorized.
6. You are still reading this post.
7. You realize that most people don’t actually know what an AN fitting is, and that even if you called it a cap to a 37 degree flare tube fitting that almost nobody else would get it….]
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- Random Thoughts: A Joint International Debris Remediation Effort - October 22, 2021
- Unorthodox Reusable Lunar Landers Concepts - June 12, 2021
- Goff Family 2021 Summer Sabbatical Part 1: Utah Trip - June 1, 2021