I have to say the last half of this year is a great time to be a space/sci-fi/RPG nerd:
- July: New Horizons successfully completes Pluto Flyby
- August: Shadowrun HongKong by HareBrained Schemes comes out
- September: HareBrained Schemes planning to launch a Kickstarter for a Battletech tactical Mech combat game for the PC
- October: The Martian movie hits the theaters
- November: Not sure, but possibly the SpaceX return to flight, and maybe if we’re lucky their first successful F9R first stage landing?
- December: Star Wars Episode 7 hits the theaters — hopefully JJ Abrams does a better job with this than Lucas did with the prequels…
I’m sure there are other things that ought to be on the list, but we have at least one serious geek-out moment per month this year. That is all.
The following two tabs change content below.
President/CEO at Altius Space Machines
Jonathan Goff is a space technologist, inventor, and serial space entrepreneur who created the Selenian Boondocks blog. Jon was a co-founder of Masten Space Systems, and is the founder and CEO of Altius Space Machines, a space robotics startup in Broomfield, CO. His family includes his wife, Tiffany, and five boys: Jarom (deceased), Jonathan, James, Peter, and Andrew. Jon has a BS in Manufacturing Engineering (1999) and an MS in Mechanical Engineering (2007) from Brigham Young University, and served an LDS proselytizing mission in Olongapo, Philippines from 2000-2002.
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- Research Papers I Wish I Could Con Someone Into Writing Part I: Lunar ISRU in the Age of RLVs - March 9, 2018
- Random Thoughts: A Now Rather Cold Take on BFR - February 5, 2018
- AAS Paper Review: Practical Methodologies For Low Delta-V Penalty, On-Time Departures To Arbitrary Interplanetary Destinations From A Medium-Inclination Low-Earth Orbit Depot - February 3, 2018