In case some of you are wondering why I’ve managed to blog four times today, I dropped Tiff and the boys off at the airport yesterday to go spend a month with her family. I’ll be batching it for the next three weeks, then joining them either right before or right after NewSpace 2009.
My usual sequence when batching it goes something like this:
- Delusions of grandeur about how much I’m going to be able to accomplish without having to worry about taking care of kids and losing sleep from little kids waking me up 2-3 times every night.
- Depression when I remember that I really love those little squirts and that I’m not going to get to rough-house with them for a long time.
- Boredom as I realize that without someone else here to motivate me that I easily get stuck in ruts just surfing the web or playing computer games.
- Mild insanity from missing said squirts (and Tiff too of course!)
- Blogging quantity goes rapidly up, while quality rapidly drops
- Workaholic phase as I no longer have someone reminding me to go home at night
- Sleep deprivation and lack of personal hygiene kick in as I don’t have anyone to remind me to clean up the apartment, or to be reasonable with how late I stay up.
- Oversleeping phase where my body starts forcing me to make up for me staying up too late in the previous phase.
- Wake-up phase when I realize that I need to get the house and everything back in order before they get home.
- Euphoria at finally having them all home again.
I think I’ve set a new record–it actually took over a day this time to get to step 5!
Latest posts by Jonathan Goff (see all)
- Research Papers I Wish I Could Con Someone Into Writing Part I: Lunar ISRU in the Age of RLVs - March 9, 2018
- Random Thoughts: A Now Rather Cold Take on BFR - February 5, 2018
- AAS Paper Review: Practical Methodologies For Low Delta-V Penalty, On-Time Departures To Arbitrary Interplanetary Destinations From A Medium-Inclination Low-Earth Orbit Depot - February 3, 2018