Added AdSense

Well, I finally knuckled under and decided to give Google Ads a try. I’m definitely the capitalistic sort, but have always felt that cluttering ones blog with too many ads was tacky. I think I’ve found a setting that isn’t too egregious, and we’ll give it a spin to see how things turn out.

Consider this an experiment.

This entry was posted in Administrivia. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Added AdSense

1. Bill White says:

Kinda how I see using media and marketing to buy rockets. It is the capitalist solution yet is also tacky.

The movie “Talladega Nights” illustrates both the money and the tacky factor very well.

2. Anonymous says:

Does the revenue depend on the amount of clicks on the ads?? Or does it depend on the amount of traffic on the blog, or a fixed income depending on the amount of ads?

Do you get to choose the ads?

Just wanted to know… The ads don’t bother at all. But knowing how the income is determined, some of us might like to help you out with it…

3. Anonymous says:

Cost per click.

I haven’t noticed them myself, I use firefox and adbock plus. Perhaps consider a paypal or google wallet tip jar?

4. Anonymous says:

By the way, consider doing a post on mesothelioma and asbestos. Or just mention them somewhere on the page…

I hear that those clicks pay REALLY well.

5. Darnell Clayton says:

Although it may not be livable, it does help justify the blogging expense (time wise at least).

I’m not a blog pro, but I do realize that Ad Sense tends to pay the most when you have a fairly large audience and great content.

I’d recommend subscribing to Google’s Ad Sense blog for details on the best places to put your ads.

6. AdSense Tips says:

Welcome to the AdSense family. You’ve made a good job of blending your ads on this page. I recommend you avoid posting any further comments about your own ads – it only serves to draw attention to them and Google is very strict about that sort of thing. Good luck and be patient – the first $100 is always the hardest.

Adsense Tips,
    Thanks. I wasn’t intending on posting anymore about the experiment (unless I decided at some point to call it off).