Can’t Get No Respect

Man, a guy stops posting for a week or two so he can go test rocket engines, and this is what he gets? Crickets chirping? Not even a single link or comment? What, do I need to post something more controversial? Or have I just flogged the whole ESAS dead horse a bit too much?

7 Responses to Can’t Get No Respect

1. Ed says:

Well, you could tell us about the new rocket engine. Or you could finally post the interview with Gene Meyers; that ought to get some discussion going.

2. Soyuz says:

Well, let me repost my question:
    Jon, i’m having some problems posting a comment on your company’s website. It appears that only if you post something, you can see the other comments. Is this some new antispam thing or is there another reason?

3. Anonymous says:

Jon,

Not being very active in this field at the moment, I am trying to only post when I have something relevant and useful to say. My reentry into active participation seems to have been receeding at the rate of 23 hours and 60 minutes a day for the last couple of years. That should change in the next few weeks, just like I said 3 months ago, and 6 months before that. 🙂

Serious question. Would a simple compensating nozzle materialy help your future vehicles? Or are minor performance gains barely worth any extra effort in your case?

redneck

4. Dan Schrimpsher says:

Busy, busy, busy. After my post on the NSS, I am reponding to emails from the local chpater and the national executive office. I think I am being drafted as an activist 🙂 Can’t say I didn’t ask for it…

Ed,
    Not much yet to tell about the rocket engine. Just the same 500lbf vernier engine we’ve been working on for the past bit. We had five good firings this weekend, but we’re still in the debugging mode. Once we have this last issue or two sorted out, we should be able to get into our actual research bi, and then hopefully be able to move on to a flight-weight engine in the near future. But we’ll see. Remote test sites suck.

As for Gene Meyers, I didn’t really interview him so much as corner him at the end of the conference with an offhanded statement that got him talking a bit….I’m not sure anymore how newsworthy it is, but I’ll see if I can get around to saying more.

Soyuz,
    Not sure what could be causing that problem (in fact, I’m not entirely sure that I understand what you are talking about). Have you tried contacting Michael Mealling, our Bus Dev VP? He’s the one who handles most of the website stuff. I thought the blog was just using something like Movable Type or something bog-standard like that.

John,
    We’re interested in altitude compensating nozzles, and they would definitely help a bit once we get a bit further down the road. For what we’re trying to do for our first demonstrator vehicle, all we need is reliable, stable thrust for short periods of time. The Isps we’re seeing so far are fine for that. But when we go to a full suborbital vehicle it might be helpful. Want to contact me via gmail with more details?